12/02/2018

Fury-Wilder Bout Ends In A Draw


Tyson Fury and defending champion Deontay Wilder fought out a scintillating draw for the WBC heavyweight title in Los Angeles.

Taller and 3 stones heavier Fury controlled the fight for the most parts landing jabs, feints and punches from all angles but it was knockout artist Wilder who connected the most brutal punches dropping the Briton on canvas in 9th and 12th round.

Fury miraculously got up both times but could have definitely claimed the title had he been able to stay on the feet on any on the knockdown.

The fight was scored 115-111 for Wilder, 114-112 for Fury and 113-113.

What captured the world's attention was 30-year-old Fury's comeback from 3 years absence, drug abuse, depression and out of shape body of 400 pounds in 2017.

"We're on away soil, I got knocked down twice, but I still believe I won that fight," Fury said. "I'm being a total professional here. I went to Germany to fight [Wladimir] Klitschko [in 2015] and I went to America to fight Deontay Wilder. God bless America. The 'Gypsy King' has returned.

Both fighters welcomed a rematch opportunity. "100 percent, we'll do it," said Fury.

"I would love for it to be my next fight," said Wilder. But both could also go for Anthony Joshua, who holds IBF, WBA and WBO titles.

The fight is seen as a start of a remarkable rivalry between three currently undefeated boxers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!