7/15/2018

Wimbledon: Angelique Kerber Beats Serena Williams In Final


Angelique Kerber beat Serena Williams 6-3, 6-3 for her first Wimbledon title in Saturday's final.

30-year-old German added to her 2016 Australian Open and US Open titles and denied Williams, 36, her 24th major title, 8th Wimbledon and completion of her comeback as a mother.

"It is a dream come true," said Kerber.

"I know I had to play my best tennis against a champion like Serena. Serena is a great person and a great champion and she is a great inspiration for all of us."

Williams was satisfied with her progress since giving birth in September.

"To the other mums out there I was playing for you today and I tried. But Angelique played really well. I look forward to continuing to be out there and do what I do best."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!