8/22/2017

Headline August 23, 2017/ ''' MOTHER -DEAR- MOMENT '''


''' MOTHER -DEAR- MOMENT '''




*YEARS AND YEARS OF *PURE PAINING* AGO* -when *The World Students Society*, began its ordained Dawn on the Universe's Earth, just about every mother-

Every mother, every great mother, all great mothers intuitively and privately delighted in the greatest of undertakings : For they knew that !WOW! came in total peace, and was determined to change the world for the better.

Very, very prominent and masterfully supportive among them. Firstly, then, to the loving memory of my Great Poetess Mother : Lady Ashrafat Jan, and Mrs. Sajida Sultan Abbasi, Mrs Syed Wajid Ali Shan, Mrs Aizaz Zaidi, Mrs. Alamgir Khan, Mrs Haji Rezak, Mrs. Masud Reza, Mrs. Shahbano Imran Basit-

Mrs Shazia Gul, Mrs. Shahid Shakoor, Mrs. Amina Fahim Khan, Mrs. Shabana Rumi, Mrs. Uzma Naqvi, Mrs. Nusrat Hussain, Mrs. Saima Faisal, Mrs. Noreen Iqbal...... and hundreds of others..............

To what degree of,....... depth, involvement and sacrifice all these great mothers got their children to participate, I leave to History, and to.................. outstanding statistical log, work, by Zilli.

Who, just after when the First Honored country holds its elections on The World Students Society, Zilli, will submit every record and clarifications if any, and earn !WOW!'s undying gratitude.

The Stars, the Quilts, the Stage and time to turn to the Moms who keep the world safe.

WITH MOST RESPECTFUL DEDICATION....................-to all These and then Those Mothers,.......... all greatness so enlivened, by sheer Love, Remembrance and All Honors.

I HELD THE SYRINGE up to the light above the bathroom mirror and flicked it a few times with my finger to make sure I had the exact dose of LUPRON.

I checked my watch to calculate the time in Washington. I pulled the waistline of my pants below my belly button, steadied my feet, wiped my abdomen with an alcohol swab and took a deep breath.

As I pulled my arm back to the thrust the syringe into my belly, the plane hit turbulence, nearly causing me to plunge the needle into my left arm. 

I waited for the plane to stabilize and repeated the steps, this time managing to inject myself with the drugs that I hoped would lead to my becoming pregnant.

I packed my supplies and walked casually back into the main cabin of the 10-seat Gulfstream that was taking me and my boss, the under secretary of defense for policy, to Afghanistan. 

That moment in my two-year journey to having my first son in 2010 came to mind recently during a visit to the University of Texas, Austin.

''It is so inspiring to see a woman up on that stage talking about National Security,'' one young woman said after my talk. Another asked how she could become someone like me.

Moments like those always leave me with mixed emotions. Yes, I am proud of the years I spent working on security issues at senior levels of government. 

But I never mention the trials and tribulations of trying -often desperately to have children in your 40s.

Nor do I talk about the days and nights that I missed with my first son while I worked at the White House and the Pentagon.

Or about the time in 2011, on my first trip abroad with Secretary of Defense Robert Gates after the birth first of my first son, when I forgot parts of my breast pump.

A senior White House official brought them with her when she arrived with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton the next day.

I cried with joy when our defense attache handed me the parts in a brown paper bag 24 hours later.

I am not complaining. I've been spoiled with the riches of great education, interesting jobs, fabulous mentors and bosses, an amazing husband and -after years of fertility treatments- Two beautiful boys.

Why, then, in answering the question posed by these young men in Austin so difficult?

I entered the field with the commitment to public service and the hope that I could make a difference. And in those early years, so I worked to develop the skills, network and expertise to excel in National Security. I rarely acknowledged gender issues. In fact, I often deliberately ignored them.

Yet the national security field poses challenges for women. If they exert confidence, they can be perceived as abrasive of overcompensating. If they don't, they might be told, as a colleague of mine once was, that they lack *executive presence*.

In government, the classified work environment forces mothers [and fathers, too] to choose between making it home for bedtime or serving as a lead in a project.

Although subconscious bias, sexism and discrimination remain issues in the United States, they are even more prevalent abroad, where women on American delegations are regularly mistaken for assistants and rarely face a female counterpart across the negotiating table. 

While women have made clear progress in the field, reaching the top levels of government, progress is uneven.

This year, my organization, the Center for a New American Security, convened bipartisan group of 70 midcareer women from a diverse set of institutions -the State and Defense Departments, think tanks, Congress, defense contractors, media companies, the intelligence community and academia ............. to share their reflections.

Almost all spoke about feeling dismay. For some, the tenor of last year's presidential campaign had made things worse for women. Others shared stories of bias, stereotyping, discrimination and sexual harassment.

*Many described having internal censors that prevented them from taking professional risks*.

The Honor and serving of the latest Operational Research on Moms and the World continues.

With respectful dedication to the Leaders, Students, Professors and Teachers of the World. See Ya all on !WOW! -the World Students Society and Twitter-!E-WOW! -the Ecosystem 2011 :


'''Safe World '''

Good Night and God Bless

SAM Daily Times - the Voice of the Voiceless

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!