5/08/2016

Brazilian police drag out students occupying schools in protest


Sao Paulo, Brazil: Students occupied a number of schools and public buildings to protest against politicians implicated in the theft of money used for school lunches.

Over the last few months, state police investigators and prosecutors have found the “Lunch Money Mafia” overpaid food providers in exchange for bribes, and it's believed the school nutritional system lost millions. No criminal charges have been filed so far.

Police forcibly removed students from the Paula Souza Educational Center, dragging out dozens of children aged 13 to 18.

“He grabbed my collar, but then pulled me by my backpack. No one got really hurt, but I was scared. As soon as they walked in I thought, 'Whoa, these guys are big,'” said 17-year-old Inae Lima shortly after being removed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!