12/03/2015

Headline Dec 04, 2015/ ''' GOOGLE -GLASS- GOOGLE '''


''' GOOGLE -GLASS- GOOGLE '''




THE WORLD IS overflowing with free and open information, and a person equipped the right tools to sift through that information and-

Perceive the pattern and connections swirling below the surface might be able to see what's coming before its arrives.

The future is already recorded, if you only know where to look.

Hence the name of  a start-up on the sixth floor of an office building in the heart of Harvard Square, in Cambridge, Massachusetts   -Recorded Future, notable for receiving venture capital from both the CIA and Google. 

More than twenty-five years ago, a heavyweight boxer named Mitch Green was arrested for allegedly driving with a working TV mounted on the hood of his car.

Prescient.

I don't plan to drive while watching my Glass  -I do enjoy living  -but what if I tried to watch video every moment of the day that I am not operating heavy machinery?

My first plan was to stream a series of  back-to-back epic movies on my Glass as I ran my errands and made my calls. Unfortunately, Glass isn't type compatible with Netflix.

Instead, I had to settle for sixteen hours of  YouTube. I watch Ali G while at the grocery. I watch a TED talk about bipolar disorder while scrubbing the dishes. While taking my kids to the Museum of Natural History. I creep myself out by watching the ''Blurred Lines'' video.

Things start to spin out of control. How could they not?  It's my childhood dream come true, this ever-present TV. My wife approached me in the kitchen. I can see her mouth moving. I tell her:

''I'm watching a Richard Pryor clip 

I begin trying to improve my life. When I'm out for a hike, I see a waterfall. It's fine. But why not spice things up with a video of Angel Falls in Venezuela?

Now, that's spectacular. I have lunch at Panera Bread, but why not search for the video of the inside of Bernardin? Sadly, I couldn't find it. But I'm sure I will soon,
I'm worried for reality.
Movies-and-TV verdict: Incomplete. But promising.

So, after a lot of experimenting, the author returns to some basic conclusions: The night did make clear that  Glass  could have profound impact on Dating. Imagine when hackers start releasing  facial-recognition  software against Google's will:

We might scan the room and figure out who is married, whose company just had an IPO, who got busted for shoplifting when they were nineteen.

Imagine being able to come-up with retorts worthy of Oscar Wilde because they were written by Oscar Wilde.
Cyrano verdict: date bait. But creepy. Partial success.

Conclusion:Will I Wear Glass In Real Life? That depends a lot on whether everyone also wears it. I'm impressed overall, but I don't want to be one of those in America's small cadre of Glassholes. I Need social acceptance.

It's hard to predict whether Glass will become a mass phenomenon. But if it doesn't, something like it will.

Perhaps a gadget that looks no more noticeable than a pair of wire-rimmed glasses.

Technology won't stop. We are all on a long, slow march towards becoming half-android. Will the good outweigh the bad?

!Who the hell knows!

Well, that's not entirely true, "Okay, Glass, Google   'Will Glass be good or bad for society?"

With respectful dedication to the Students, Professors and Teachers of the world. See Ya all on !WOW!  -the World Students Society:


"' Future Recorded "'

Good Night and God Bless

SAM Daily Times - the Voice of the Voiceless

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!