9/22/2015

Headline Sep 23, 2015/ ''' PROTECTING STUDENTS : [ PROTECTING CHILDREN ] '''


''' PROTECTING STUDENTS : 

[ PROTECTING CHILDREN ] '''




MILLIONS OF CHILDREN/STUDENTS...........face physical, emotional and sexual abuse.

EVERY FIVE MINUTES, somewhere in the world:
A child/student  dies from violence. MILLIONS more are in danger of physical, emotional and sexual abuse that could destroy their childhood forever.

*Violence is often hidden from view, making children/students invisible and easy to remain unnoticed........................*   

*IN FEBRUARY THIS YEAR - I made a commitment to spending the next 10 years doing everything I can to make the world a safer place for children.

In my role as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador, I launched 7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund, promising to use my voice and influence to help raise vital funds and to speak up for children who need it most.

After the launch of the fund, I travelled to Cambodia in June to focus attention on the issue of violence and how it affects children.

I visited  Stem Reap, a busy tourist town right next to Angkor Wat. In the intense heat, amongst thunder and rainstorms, 

I spent time talking to children and young people about some of the devastating experiences they'd gone through at the hands of the people who were supposed to protect them.

I'd travelled with UNICEF many time before. I'd met children living in the aftermath of Typhoon Halyan in the Philippines. I'd met children and mothers in South Africa living with HIV. But I'd never travelled anywhere to focus on the issue of violence.

This was different, I quickly became aware of how difficult it was going to be to find out about the children's experiences.

At the end of a dusty street, set back from the road behind a big iron gate, I visited a refuge run one of UNICEF's partners, Friends International, which was a temporary home for around 50 children/ [students] who've all had incredibly tough lives. 

Many of the children/[students] have been subjected to violence and abuse.

It was very quiet when I arrived, unusually quiet for a place with so many children. I met  18-year old Saron first. Saron was abused and raped by her stepfather when she was 15 years old. It was from being raped that Saron became pregnant and gave birth to a little boy.

I saw that Saron was deeply traumatized and clearly struggles to cope. Her son has been placed in a foster care while she stays at the refuge, getting the help she needs to try to overcome what happened and rebuild her life.

 I think it devastating to think that any child should have to suffer pain like this, to wake up at night in fear and to have to live with the memories of this type of violence every day, but sadly Saron is not alone.

Another girl showed me around the refuge with Saron, Tavey, a 13-year old girl with a bright smile. She was very excited about to challenge me to a game of volleyball, laughing as she talked.

Despite the happiness she appeared to show, I couldn't help feel deeply distressed and saddened about what she had been through.

The Honour, Serving and Sadness about this  ''Operational Research'' continues. Please read this over and over again and make sure that it is shared with every single parent and student.

With respectful dedication to the Parents, Students, Professors and Teachers of the world. See Ya all on !WOW!   -the World Students Society Computers-Internet-Wireless :


''' Students' EcoSystem '''

Good Night and God Bless

SAM Daily Times - the Voice of the Voiceless

1 comments:

Grace A Comment!