7/13/2015

Djokovic Wins Third Wimbledon Title


Defending champion Novak Djokovic beat seven time champion Roger Federer 7-6 (7-1) 6-7 (10-12) 6-4 6-3 for his 3rd Wimbledon title and 9th Grand Slam.

It was his 200th Grand Slam match win and 56th career title. He is now 48-3 on the season, which includes six trophies.

"I have to say it's a big challenge playing against Roger," said the serb. "A lot of players of my generation have looked up to him and followed his lead.

"He makes you push your limits, work hard and win every single point."

Federer said: "I had my chances in the first set. I got lucky to win the second, had chances in the third.

"But he was better on the bigger points. He was rock solid, I didn't play badly myself. That's how it goes."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!