2/26/2014

RVP: Players kept getting in my way

Man United striker Robin van Persie of Manchester United shows
 his disappointment in Greece.

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie accused his team-mates of getting in his way following the 2-0 Champions League defeat to Olympiakos.

Goals from Alejandro Dominguez and Arsenal loanee Joel Campbell put the Greek side in command after the first leg of the last-16 tie.

Van Persie wasted a good chance to score a vital away goal when he blazed a shot over the crossbar in the closing stages.

It was a frustrating night for the Dutchman as he struggled to make an impact, but he claimed after the match that his cause was not helped by the positioning of some of his team-mates.

"It was quite difficult because my team-mates are often in the area where I want to play," he said.

"That's why I have to change my tactics. Unfortunately, they are often in my area.

"It was much too slow and we only had one shot on target in the whole match against Olympiakos, which is far too little. Everyone is very disappointed."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Grace A Comment!